It was a blend of different emotions:
Excitement (as I was meeting him for the first time)

Curiosity (as I wanted to know him more)

Nervousness (as this meeting would decide my fate).

I had chosen a baby pink theme for that day - my dress, my room's decoration, etc. I had spent many restless hours to get that dress ready. I got ready with various things running in my mind.
"How should I react?"
"What will we talk about?"
And many more...
They were intended to reach at 11:00 AM, but due to traffic they got late. As they reached, my heart beat was beating a loud speaker.
When I went outside, he was waiting for me in the hall. I could see through his face that he was also curious to meet me. I could not say anything and just raised my eyebrows to greet him. While answering to his parents' questions, and talking to them, I wanted to look at him various times, but could not gather courage to do so.
Suddenly his dad said "Why don't you guys go and talk to each other?" Ah! What a relief. After all, this is what I wanted. Bare minimum, you need to spend 15 minutes with a stranger whom you are going to spend all your life with (though I agree, he was not a stranger to me by that time; he was an acquaintance). Dad added "Why are you feeling shy? Go ahead."
We were in my room when he complemented me "Pink looks beautiful on you." "Thanks, how was your journey?" feeling nervous, I could say only this much. "Oh, it was good. Are you feeling nervous?" "No, not at all. I am not nervous." Oh!! It was a question of my rapport after all. And the first personal chat interaction began, that stopped only when my mom called us for lunch. After lunch, we were again alone talking to each other. "So, how do you feel?", he wanted to know my feelings for this relation; which, of course were positive. As I said, I chatted with him for around 2 months before meeting him; I had started liking him long before I met him.
Their family went upstairs for discussion, and I was feeling damn nervous, damn uncertain of what my future holds for me. After 45 minutes, when both the families reunited, his dad asked both of us about our decision. He jumped and said "It is okay with me". 'Damn! Now how do I react? Should I look at him and smile? Should I stay where I am?' Audience turned up to me waiting for my reply. All eyes on me! My nervousness increased as population in China. I just nodded my approval. And then everyone was hugging everyone, congratulating each other, and we two were sitting waiting for them to tell us the next move.
Suddenly, my brother-in-law appeared in front of me and said "Congratulations! Welcome Bhabhi". Wow! 'bhabhi' sounds cute!
Our parents sent us upstairs, at the worship place, so we get blessings from God in this new start. After praying to God, he said "Congratulations!" I was so nervous that I thanked him and went quiet. He reminded me "mujhe congrats nahi karna aapne?" And we laughed together.
This is how my journey of happy life started; since then, I have never been sad. I owe this life to you. Love you lots!
Nicely written! We are so glad you are happy and you are our bhabi :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kristen, I am a proud bhabhi of such a cute sis-in-law..
ReplyDelete